Grambling State University opened on November 1, 1901 as the Colored Industrial and Agricultural School by a group of African-American farmers known as The North Louisiana Colored Agriculture Relief Association. After 73 years of development, the world-renowned institution we know as Grambling State University came to be and it’s progress continues into the present.
Grambling State University endeavors to achieve excellence in higher education through teaching, research, and service governed by the principles of academic freedom. The University believes that education is the cornerstone of an enlightened, creative, and productive society. It strives to be true to its motto: “Grambling State University is the place where everybody is somebody.”
The 590-acre campus is home to the Eddie G. Robinson Museum, the famous Tiger Football Stadium, and over 140 educational and student support facilities. The University’s academic offerings include 47 degree programs in fields such as family and consumer science, business, computer science, nursing, and education.
GSU prioritizes Compete LA candidates, ensuring an optimum academic experience while you pursue the fulfillment of your graduation requirements.
At GSU, you will receive the following:
• Online course options
• Accelerated course options (custom-designed for weekends, 8 weeks, etc.)
• Intentional Academic Advising
• Degree mapping
• Structured scheduling for students
• Prior Learning Assessment
• Career Direction Assistance
• Customized, interdisciplinary degrees that allow you to choose an academic program that fits your educational and professional goals
• Highly trained faculty who are world-class scholars
403 Main Street,
Grambling, LA 71245