A Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology – Health Promotion & Wellness degree can prepare you to improve the quality of life for individuals and groups as a health educator or community health worker.
Graduates also become eligible to take the national certification exam to become a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES).
What can I do with this degree?
Health Promotion & Wellness graduates make a difference in their communities. Through a multitude of career paths, our graduates encourage healthy lifestyles and promote wellness through education in the workplace, as well as nonprofit agencies, by:
• Leading the development, planning and implementation of corporate strategies to promote employee or client health and wellbeing;
• Identifying community needs through data to inform program development and implementation;
• Evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies, and environments.
These opportunities are only expected to grow, driven by efforts to improve health outcomes and reduce healthcare costs by teaching healthy habits, healthy behaviors, and utilizing available health care.
What’s in it for me?
• A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
• 100% online, accelerated courses available
• Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
• Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Degree Length: 4 Years
University: University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Classroom Format: Online