Political science is the study of government and politics at the local, state, national, and international levels. University of Louisiana at Monroe’s Political Science is an excellent program with the goal of developing an understanding of institutions, practices, and relations that constitute public life and modes of inquiry that promote citizenship. Our subfields include law, American government and politics, international relations, and public administration.
What can I do with this degree?
Political Science provides skills for a multitude of careers. These careers range from Law to many different government positions. Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
Administration, Corporate, Government, Non-Profit, etc.
Congressional Office/Committee Staffer
Coordinator of Federal or State Aid
Federal Government Analyst
Foreign Service Officer
Juvenile Justice Specialist
Legislative Analyst / Coordinator
Public Opinion Analyst
Urban Policy Planner
What’s in it for me?
• A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
• 100% fully online classes, accelerated courses, or accommodating class times.
• Five entry points to enroll in classes each year.
• Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
• Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
• Access to faculty who can provide direction even after graduation.
• A ULM Online Student Advocate to help navigate the University from a distance.
• A dedicated Academic Advisor who is here to help navigate your Academic Journey.
Degree Length: 4 Years
University: University of Louisiana at Monroe
Classroom Format: Online