The Accounting program offers curricula leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. The degree will satisfy all coursework requirements (specified hours in accounting and business) for candidates wishing to sit for the Louisiana Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam; however, the student must complete a total of 150 hours of college education to be eligible to apply for a La. CPA license.
Why should a student major in Accounting?
• The median annual wage for accountants and auditors was $70,500 in 2018.
• One of the fastest growing professions
• Exciting and ever-changing field
• Degree applies to almost any industry imaginable
• Successful Student named NSU’s online accounting program as one of “The Best Online Accounting Degree Programs”
What’s in it for me?
• A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
• Classes that meet your schedule. Many programs include 100% fully online classes, accelerated courses, or accommodating class times.
• Discounted, flat-rate tuition for students who qualify for Compete LA.
• Recognition of credits previously earned from accredited institutions.• Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Degree Length: 4 Years
University: Northwestern State University
Classroom Format: Online