The University of Louisiana at Monroe’s History program has U.S. and Non-U.S. courses dedicated to areas such as Native American History, U.S. Military History, Ancient Civilizations, African American History, and European History. A Bachelor’s of Arts in History provides students with many skills such as critical thinking, writing, and research as well as communication skills. These skills provide excellent tools for many careers that relate to the historical field as well as other fields.
What can I do with this degree?
The History degree prepares students for a wide variety of career paths. These career paths range from education to government positions as well as banking.
Here are some common professional paths for graduates:
State and Civil Service
What’s in it for me?
• A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
• 100% fully online classes, accelerated courses, or accommodating class times.
• Five entry points to enroll in classes each year.
• Credit for college credits previously earned from accredited institutions.
• Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
• Access to faculty who can provide direction even after graduation.
• A ULM Online Student Advocate to help navigate the University from a distance.
• A dedicated Academic Advisor who is here to help navigate your Academic Journey.
Degree Length: 4 Years
University: University of Louisiana at Monroe
Classroom Format: Online