The Computer Information Systems program offers curricula leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in CIS. This program is offered on–campus in Natchitoches, online, and in a competency-based format through Electronic and Continuing Education.
While this degree overlaps with a BS in Computer Science, there are significant differences between the two. The primary difference is a BS in Computer Science often involves a larger number of math and science courses while the BS in Computer Information Systems focuses on business courses instead. This difference allows Computer Information Systems graduates to understand how a business functions and how they can use technology to enhance that functionality.
Why should I major in CIS?
• The field is projected to grow 13% by 2026
• Median average wage was $84,580 in May 2017
• According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Network and Computer Systems Administrators, Computer Programmers, Database Administrators,
Computer Systems Analysts, Information Security Analysts, Software Developers, and Computer Network Architects all have a median annual wage of over $80,000.
• Exciting and ever-changing field
• Learn about the technology of the future
• Learn how to use technology to make a difference in the world
• Explore your love of technology whether it is coding, taking apart a computer, or exploring a new technology
What’s in it for me?
• A personal coach to guide you through the enrollment process and along the path to graduation.
• Classes that meet your schedule. Many programs include 100% fully online classes, accelerated courses, or accommodating class times.
• Discounted, flat-rate tuition for students who qualify for Compete LA.
• Recognition of credits previously earned from accredited institutions.• Scholarships, financial aid and grants for eligible students.
Degree Length: 4 Years
University: Northwestern State University
Classroom Format: Online